Tuesday, June 21, 2011

[TRANS] 110620 U-Kiss @ Inkigayo Magazine (May Issue)


TRY TRY, ABOUT '0330' Just like the song, I’ve actually experienced something like that. Even though it’s a sad memory, in order to show the right emotions, I have to think about it. In junior high, I started off as an athlete. In order to move forward for this dream, I had to go away for 5 months to receive proper training. I had to break up with my girlfriend because of that. I liked her a lot but I had to force myself. That was the first time I learned about ‘girls’ and ‘tears’.

EPISODE During our album preparations, it was Eli and Soohyun’s birthday. Because we were so busy with the recording, we couldn’t celebrate their birthdays properly. So, we bought a cake and told them to go out. We turned off the lights and threw them a mini surprise party.

I WANT U-KISS TITLE U-Kiss has a lot of titles. I’ll be selfish and name what kind of title I want. “Emotional Vocal Hoon”, please make a placard of that (laughs).

SUCCESS MUTIZEN SONG I don’t cry easily. But if we did receive #1, I think I would cry thinking about my past struggles.

U-KISS BAND POSITION I never took piano lessons, but I’m able to play simple chords. We got new instruments in our practice room. Every time we go in, all the members fight for the instruments they want. One member would play the guitar while the other member will play the piano. We can now play 2-3 songs alone.

HOON’S TEMPTATION, CHARM All the members have their own charms, but I don’t think I have anything special. I guess I’m confident in my voice.

IDEAL TYPE I think my ideal type never change. My ideal type when I was young is the same for now too. To express shortly, I like girls that are cute and small. Oh, and girls with soft hands. If I had a girlfriend, I would sing for her. I would also write words with the candle on a dark night at a park. My future girlfriend, please look forward to it~!

IF I’M A WOMAN If I was a girl, I would definitely date Eli. If Eli was my boyfriend, he would take care of me even without me asking for his attention. He’s not too immature and he’s very reliable. I personally like those kind of people. He’s closest to my ideal type. The member I do NOT want to date is AJ. The Reason? He’s only good to girls. TOO much.

JUST TRY First thing is first, I want U-Kiss to be known by everyone. It would be nice if my name can be known too. I think I would die of happiness if someone would recognize me in the streets.

TO FAN I know I lack in many parts. Instead of being lazy, I will practice hard even after our schedules. Fans, I know I’ll be awkward at first. I want to thank everyone who’s supporting us. We will show you a better side of us in the future. Please watch out for us.

Credits: kissmeukiss + r2pi @ tumblr (translations)
Take Out With Full Credits & Do Not HotLink



TRY TRY, ABOUT '0330' I have a small recording room at my house where I have collections of MR I made for rap. Because of all the practice, I don’t think I had a hard time helping out with U-Kiss’s album. I read a lot so that helped me with composing. Not only does reading help me, but I’m able to experience other peoples’ lives and reflect upon it.

MY FAVORITE SONG IN 'BRAN NEW KISS' ‘I Don’t Understand’ and ‘Miracle’ are two of my favorite songs because Paran’s member PO hyung gave us this song.

EPISODE Um, I shouldn’t say this but..(laughs) Dongho and Eli’s rap making. When I took part of the rap making, I almost died helping them hehehe. Rappers have their own color and styles right? Rappers also have their own charms to weave in their music. But these two people needed most of my help so it was difficult at first.

TARGET I do want to win #1 but in my case, I was around for 6 years. Now I think “I should be getting #1 anytime soon”. I’m not that crazy about it though. I’m a realistic person. I just want to try my best.

SUCCESS MUTIZEN SONG Ah, I never really thought about it. I can usually imagine most situations, but I can’t seem to think about this one. It’s beyond my thoughts.

U-KISS BAND POSITION I play the guitar a lot. But I spend most of the time writing lyrics and composing songs.

AJ’S TEMPTATION AND CHARM Confidence? When I was young, my pride was so important to me. I couldn’t do anything. I couldn’t sing. I couldn’t dance. I was very shy. But after having some confidence, I found my place.

IDEAL TYPE I like innocent girls with a scent of spring weather. If I have a girlfriend, I want to do everything for her.

IF I’M A WOMAN The member I would like to date… Kiseop? You get attached to him really easily. I DON’T think I would want to date Kevin. After having his first kiss on his musical stage, he doesn’t have any experience with dating. If I was a girl, I think that’d be frustrating.

TO FAN I want to say one thing to my fans. I know there are many disappointed fans and fans that support me. I just want to say that please watch me until the end. You can end up liking someone as you watch them more. I’ll be more strong so please watch me until the end!


TRY TRY, ABOUT '0330' A sad-hip hop genre. A song that experiences love. When I was 15, I had to break up with my girlfriend because I had to leave for China. I don’t have a girlfriend right now, so I think of lonely thoughts to express the emotion.

EPISODE An episode I remember is my rap part. As we were producing this album, this was my first time writing lyrics. It’s comfortable for me when I write in English, but it’s hard when I’m writing it in Korean. AJ helped me a lot. One of my rap part is “I was the servant of this love”. I didn’t know what ‘servant’ was in Korean. Later, my manager told me what it meant (laughs).

NEW MEMBER AJ AND HOON The two members have their own charms that make our rap and song sound better. Hoon’s good looking.. Jaeseop..he…uh..haha..he’s good looking too. Before, our composer, manager, and boss would help us with producing the album. This time, all our members were able to contribute. In my part, AJ and I were the directors. AJ is a straightforward person so I felt very small when I was working with him (hehe). I’m an open person so I do things easily, but working with AJ really upgraded me. It was really fun working with all the members.

SUCCESS MUTIZEN SONG After 6 albums and 4 years of experience, just thinking about it makes me teary. That’s why I never really thought of winning #1. Teary! I probably won’t cry on stage, but once we get backstage, I’ll explode.

ELI’S POWER AND ENERGY Family of course. I gave up everything in America to take a new road in Korea. I want to succeed, and I need to succeed. I have my dad and other family all in America. I want my dad to quit his job and come to Korea to live with us. In order to that, I want to work hard and achieve that goal.

IDEAL TYPE When I was young, I liked cool girls. Opposite from that, I like girls that have some (little) aegyo (acting cute) and a lovely girl. If I had a girlfriend, I want to make food for her on a beach just like in that one scene from ‘Boys Over Flower’.

JUST TRY I want to sing as well as Kevin!!! These days I listen to B.O.B and Bruno Mars.

OUT OF KOREA Maybe it’s the weather? HAHAHA. Fans from different countries are all different. Japanese fans wait until our performance is done; then they cheer and clap for us. Korean fans fly around from beginning to end. Fans from Singapore and the Philippines don’t follow us around and take paparazzi pictures. But if one fan really really liked us, some of them would follow us. I just want to thank every fan though for everything.

TO FAN We’re going to continue promotions for ‘0330’ in Korea. Please love U-Kiss more and give much interests to our new song ‘0330’. Get to know each U-Kiss members’ charms and let’s go together forever. Thank you. 


NEW ALBUM'S IMPORTANT Even though I have a small part, it’s very difficult to sing. It can easily be sung out of tune. I spend a lot of time practicing only that part (laughs).

SUCCESS MUTIZEN SONG Wow.. really. I don’t think I’ll be able to talk. If I hear “This week’s mutizen..U-Kiss!”, I don’t think anyone will be able to speak. I think we’ll all hug each other and cry. In Soohyun hyung’s case, he debuted for 4 years plus another 4-5 years as a trainee. He’s waiting for this moment for at least 8-9 years. I said something about this to him,”If we win #1, I think I’ll throw up.” I hope to receive #1 as fans give us much love and strength.

KISEOP’S POWER AND ENERGY Before debut, my depression was severe. I had to go to the hospital few times too. One day, I heard my mom cry so hard in her room. Thinking that she was crying because of me, my heart broke. After I’m done with my schedule, she always wakes up when I get home. The fact that she wants to do something for me even more, gives me strength and it is the reason why I live today.

IDEAL TYPE When I was younger, I didn’t care because they were just my friends. Of course I had few ideal girls that I liked. If I had a girlfriend full of aegyo (acting cute) and a cute girl, I would like to take her on a drive. There are also many special events that I want to do for her. It’s typical, but I want to fill my car’s trunk with balloons and surprise her.

IF I’M A WOMAN Hoon and Kevin can not get any nicer. They’re so nice and so bright. I think I like nice people. The member that I do NOT want to date.. I shouldn’t say this but.. Soohyun. HEHE! Soohyun hyung knows a lot of things. If I was a girl, I think he’d be too mature for me.

MY FAN Singapore fans leave the greatest impression for me. There is a fan that was my fan from the beginning. She started to fold paper cranes the first time we went for a showcase. Next year, she would make 1000 more. She gave it to me and now it’s on display at my house. I was very touched.

TO FAN After focusing promotions in Korea, we’re planning to try variety shows, dramas, and movies. We also have an Asia tour planned in the future. Please support us and love us. Thank you!




TRY TRY, ABOUT '0330' I cried few times on stage. Not only because of the emotions, when I sing, I automatically get sad. Especially at this one part when I kneel down and sing my adlibs. Even though I didn’t experience true love before, I can just feel the emotion.

EPISODE While recording our 5th single, my birthday was on March 11 and Eli’s birthday was on March 13th. The members brought cake to the recording studio and held a mini surprise party. I was having a hard time recording, but my stress went away after this.

IT’S TIME Watching 'One Piece' can never get more fun. Also, I’ve been interested in driving. I relieve my stress that I get from work by driving. My stress goes away as I listen to loud music and also U-Kiss music.

I WANT U-KISS TITLE ‘Vocal-Dol’. I take care of my throat a lot. I drink at least 3L of water every day. Also, I drink the healthy teas that fans send us. Music is like family to me. If I was not able to sing, I think I would die.

SUCCESS MUTIZEN SONG I’ll faint. First of all, on average, we’ve been active for 4 years. After 6 albums, we never received first place. If we were able to get first place, I don’t think I would be able to speak. I would just cry.

PERFORMANCE IN CONCERT I want to take one fan and set her in the middle of the stage. After that, I want to take pictures with her and sing for her. There are a lot of songs that I can sing for her. Wow, just thinking about it makes me happy.

SOOHYUN’S TEMPTATION, CHARM Because I became the leader, I want to say my leadership skills. Truthfully, all the members are hardworking so it’s not tiring for me. There are a lot of times when I have to scold at the members and fix their problems. I think I learned a lot of leadership skills through this. It’s not much of a charm, but this is my charm (laughs).

IDEAL TYPE Hm, ideal type. I wasn’t interested at these things when I was younger. But instead of a sexy image, I like girls that are innocent. Someone that’s fun when you’re next to her. Because I’m most confident in singing, I would sing a serenade for her. Also, later in the future when I get married, I want to propose to her at a concert while singing.

IF I’M A WOMAN I would date Hoon. Hoon has a soft image and can sing. He also has a nice body and can exercise well. Perfect! But he’s also really nice. He’s mature and knows how to be respectful to others. The member I do NOT want to date. AJ. He’s the type that’s only good to his girl. He’ll be too nice to the girl.

TO FAN After promoting ‘0330’, we’ll be starting Japan promotions from June to September. During the fall, we’ll come back to Korea and release an album. We also have plans on releasing a full Japanese album in November. I want to thank those who always wait for our albums and support us. Even when U-Kiss was going through hard times, I want to thank everyone that cheered for us. Fans that are far away from us, international fans, we’ll never forget about you. Now, let’s imagine that you guys will cry with us when we win #1.




The ‘Coming of Age’ day that I dreamed of Because I haven’t been to many drink places, I want to drink with all the members. We have 5 members that are celebrating Coming of Age day. I want to have a party with all of them.

The moment when I thought I really matured When I see fans that are younger than me (laughs). Before, there were a lot of nuna (older) fans, but now I see fans yelling “Oppa~Oppa~”. It was awkward at first, but now I’m used to hearing that. Now that I think I have younger fans to take care of, I feel like I became an adult. Also, with singing and dancing, the company asks us about our opinions and everything. Being active in the entertainment industry, I feel more mature now.

Ideally, adults should be like this An adult that takes care of the younger ones and everyone else around you. You shouldn’t only think about yourself just because you’re old. You should be able to listen to others and take care of everyone. 




The ‘Coming of Age’ day I dreamed of Hm, ‘Coming of Age’ day. I want to drink so much until I knock out (laughs). I don’t know if I drink well and I never experienced drinking a lot. I don’t think it’s a bad idea to drink a lot and lose your mind once in a while.

The moment when I thought I really matured Before joining U-Kiss, I went through a lot of hardships. I’ve been through scams while releasing albums. I always thought ‘How am I going to live on life now?’ a lot. Now that I look back, it was a memory that I never want to forget. It shaped who I am today. It gave me a chance to have a strong mind. No matter how much schedule we have, I always think of my hardships and feel better.




The ‘Coming of Age’ day that I dreamed of I want to party at a club and drink with my friends while enjoying the fact that I’m an adult now. But in reality, I think it’s something that can’t easily happen. I think it’ll be a day for me and members.

The moment when I thought I really matured I don’t think I’m fully mature right now. I have tried acting like an adult, but not sincerely. I’m not at a point where I can take full responsibilities for everything. I thought I can easily become an adult when I make money. Now that I make money, this is something that can’t easily be handled. As the years pass, it is true that I’m closer to becoming an adult. But I don’t know when I’ll actually be mature. I guess I’ll become a true adult after I go through life.




What I want to do as an adult I don’t know a lot of people that are younger than me. Because I debuted at a young age, I don’t have anyone that calls me “Oppa” or “Hyung”; there are only seniors. That’s why, when I become an adult, I want juniors so I can say “Yes _______ah~”. I want to be a real hyung and approach to them warmly. Our maknae Dongho is too mature, so there’s nothing I can do (laughs). When I get to know juniors, I want to buy them delicious food and listen to their problems and complaints.

Ideally, an adult should be like this
Someone that’s cool but not selfish. I want to be someone that cares for others more than myself. 




The ‘Coming of Age’ day I dreamed of ‘Coming of Age’ day. Isn’t it same as all men? Receiving perfume, rose, and a kiss from your girlfriend! If I had a girlfriend that was the same age as me, I would do that for her. Maybe spend the day with your girlfriend? Eating delicious food at a fancy restaurant! (laughs)

What I want to do as an adult
Family is top priority. The parents that raised me to become a U-Kiss member, I want to treat them really well. I want to take them to nice places and show them how successful we are. I’ve always thought I wanted to do something that I enjoy when I become an adult. But everyday is happiness for me when I’m working with U-Kiss members.

Ideally, an adult should be like this
Being a right man. Whatever hits me, I want to be an adult that knows how to handle the situation right. Also, a bright and healthy dad for my future family! I think this is the closest idea an adult should be like.



TRY TRY, ABOUT '0330' I’m the type that has a lot of emotion and that can easily cry. Depending on the atmosphere, my mood changes too. Before standing on stage, I can laugh and play around, but when I hear the piano melody in our song, I suddenly get serious and emotional. Just hearing the first part of ‘0330’, gets me emotional.

I WANT U-KISS TITLE A group that’s good at singing live? I like titles like this. If you listen to Lee Eunmi sunbaenim’s (senior) song, you can right away tell she’s great at live. She’s able to touch us with her lives more than the CD can.

SUCCESS MUTIZEN SONG I had a lot of struggling moments because I debuted when I was young. If we are able to get #1, I think it will all pay off. I’m not going to cry though. When all the members cry, I’m planning to grab the mic and give the speech (laughs).

DONGHO’S TEMPTATION, CHARM Whatever I do, I’m still the lovable maknae. I joke around with the fans a lot and they just take everything as a joke. They think I’m cute. I’m thankful for that.

IDEAL TYPE I dislike people that lie. I’m an honest person. There are times when I have to lie, but I still think it’s wrong to lie. I think I’ll get angry if someone lied to me to hurt me. I like honest love. If I meet my ideal girl, I would love to go to Europe. I want to camp, catch bugs, make a tent, and enjoy the scenery. I think it’ll stay as a great memory. Isn’t it romantic?

IF I’M A WOMAN Because I like honest people, I’ll choose myself. I’m not saying the members lie, but I’m probably the one that cannot lie. I just want to choose myself (laughs). The member I don’t want to date? Soohyun hyung. Soohyun hyung can sing well and he knows how to treat a woman. These traits can be dangerous. If I was dating him, I think he’d be popular by other girl.

JUST TRY Being close with girl groups. Other members know a lot of people, but I don’t. With our promotions, I want to take the chance and get to know other idols.

TO FAN We’ll soon be filming for our movie. We’re planning to have a lot of individual promotions. First, we’ll be actively promoting ‘0330’ then go to Japan in June. Please love ‘0330’ more and support U-Kiss. Please do not label me as only ‘Dongho’, but as ‘U-Kiss’s Dongho’. Thank you.

Credits: kissmeukiss + r2pi @ tumblr (translations)
Take Out With Full Credits & Do Not HotLink

No comments:

Post a Comment